- Train 22 early career scientists in using Open Science tools across the Research Lifecycle;
- Train 22 early career scientists in Marine Microbiome Analysis Methods within a Virtual Research Environment (VRE);
- Publish peer-reviewed methodological, data, software and research papers in full open access.
EMOSE will test two parallel (VRE): one open source, freely available (Open Science Framework) and one commercial (Elsevier) to compare fit-for-purpose performance. Trainees will attend a one week workshop 11-15 September in Porto, Portugal. The experiment will run for 6-9 months for results to be published in peer-reviewed journals.
- Test existing Open Science resources and provide feedback to open source and commercial developers;
- Deliver a proof of concept and a proposal for the development of an EuroMarine Open Science Service (EMOSE) in support to future EM Workshops and Working Groups; and
- Communicate the proof of concept to the EC Open Science Policy Platform.
The 2017 edition of EMOSE will be held in Porto at the Interdisciplinary Centre of Marine and Environmental Research (CIIMAR, University of Porto).
HOW TO APPLY: apply online before 5 May 2017
OUTCOME: all applicants will be informed by email on 31 May 2017
COURSE FEE: 200€
ACCOMMODATION & MEALS: EuroMarine sponsors the costs for all participants.
TRAVEL: EuroMarine sponsors a maximum of 400€ per participant.
MORE DETAILS: online
EMOSE2017 Participants profiles: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1noRCVAs0OGylHTWbH3zI_dLEklp1z6hk...
EMOSE2017 OSF Virtual Research Environment: https://dx.doi.org/10.17605/OSF.IO/U93QM
EMOSE2017 OSF wiki: https://osf.io/u93qm/wiki/home/
>>Hackathon Wiki: https://osf.io/5b7cu/wiki/home/
>>Banyuls Experiment Wiki: https://osf.io/jv7az/wiki/home/
>>Brainstorming Wiki: https://osf.io/8cbqt/wiki/home/
EMOSE2017 Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ByQ7S8NsOMbpcHdaUnNmNGxjQ2c
CONTACT: Stéphane PESANT (email@example.com)