Open access and research data management: Horizon 2020 and beyond
A collaborative network between University College Cork (Ireland), Repository Network of Ireland and Teagasc (Ireland) are organising a two-day training session on Open Access and Research Data Management in Cork, Ireland. The events take place on April 14 and 15, 2015.
For more information, registration and updates, take a look at the FOSTER event page.
Day 1 – Open access in H2020 – how to increase your chances of success with a strong data management and open access plan
Day 1 will be aimed primarily at researchers and Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises (SMEs) interested in developing H2020 proposals and will provide:
- An overview of open access in H2020 and benefits of adopting open access
- Advice on addressing open access questions in H2020 proposals
- An introduction to open access to research data and H2020 open data pilot
- Case study from research project successfully using research data management principles
- Case study from the Research Cloud Infrastructure at UCC highlighting their experiences with managing research data
Day 2 – Open access and data management – institutional needs, targets and training
Day 2 will be aimed at institutional support staff including library staff, IT services, research support staff, project managers, tech transfer and legal staff and will provide:
- An introduction to what data is and how to manage it
- Case study of an existing University research data management service
- Information and training on how to support researchers at your institution