The next phase of FOSTER – What can you get out of it?
We are delighted to announce that the second phase of FOSTER activity kicked off on May 22-23 in Guimarães. Over the next two years we will build upon our initial capacity building activities to raise awareness of Open Science among European researchers and begin to equip them to apply Open Science techniques in their day to day research. During this phase, FOSTER will work closely with representatives of three key disciplines: the life sciences, social sciences and the arts and humanities to co-design advanced-level training. Together, we will continue to strengthen Open Science capacity across European researchers and work towards implementing real changes in working practices.
So what’s in it for you?
- You can acquire tangible skills on how to select relevant repositories, how to license research data and negotiate EU data protection laws through our practical, outcome-oriented training events.
- You can access high-quality reusable training resources tailored to address discipline-specific needs and challenges in the arts and humanities, social sciences, and life sciences.
- You’ll find practical guidance according to your academic profile and areas of interest via our training toolkit which covers key aspects of Open Science.
- You will be able to hone your Open Science skills through advanced level courses offered in a variety of formats from face-to-face, blended, and e-learning courses.
- You’ll be better able to browse, contribute, learn, and get credit for taking or providing courses through our optimized training portal.
- You can find a list of European Open Science advocates and stay up to date about various Open Science activities through our dedicated events calendar and Open Science advocate directory.
- You can get to know other Open Science multipliers, share your experiences, and learn from your peers via our Open Science trainer bootcamp and network.
- You will be able to find methods, background information and exemplary training outlines for multiplying Open Science in your organisation through our Open Science training handbook.
- You can watch interviews with our network of Open Science advocates on our YouTube channel and read Open Science articles on our blog.
- You can get involved with FOSTER by sharing news, events and experiences through our website.
Twenty people aged 25 to 56 from 11 European partner institutions came together in Portugal to discuss final roles and responsibilities within the next phase of FOSTER.