The workshop “Make peer review transparent again”, is hosted by FOSTER and OpenUP.
The training workshop focuses on the changing discourse of peer review, the strengthening presence of open peer review in scholarly publishing, and the emerging methods and tools in support of open scholarship. The workshop wishes to provide young researchers with information about the methods and tools of open scholarship, open peer review in particular, to strengthen core principles of research integrity. It also plans to engage a wider research community in a dialogue about open peer review and some of the major aspects of the transforming scholarly publishing system (demand for greater transparency, erosion of incentives, lack of training).
Through expert presentations and interactive breakout sessions, you will learn more about:
- Traditional peer review & attributes of open peer review
- Different perspectives on advantages & disadvantages of openness (focus: open identity & open report & open participation)
- Practical implementation of OPR: requirements, actions, best practices & examples
- Increasing reliability and incentives (how higher visibility can contribute to better reviews and more active participation in the review process)
- Encouraging data sharing and data availability (how access to data improve the review process)
- Training for reviewers
Date: Wednesday 20 June 2018, 9:30-16:00
Location: SUB Göttingen, ZB Großer Konferenzraum 3.03
Find the detailed agenda here: https://bit.ly/2jYJYHf