Course for Repository managers, Data archives managers, Librarians, Journal editors and publishers, Data providers, Research managers and administrators.
1. Understand of the OpenAIRE infrastructure and content harvesting
2. Identify the OpenAIRE guidelines metadata specifications, levels and OAI sets
3. Define the levels of compatibility based on specific needs and technical context
4. Identify and implement system configurations, tools and facilities for repository platforms
5. Use the OpenAIRE validator tool for compatibility tests and registration
Start Date: 2 May 2016
End Date: 6 May 2016
Online Session: 6 May - 11:00 - 12:00 CET
Understand how the OpenAIRE infrastructure harvests content & recognize OpenAIRE's Content Acquisition Policy
- OpenAIRE in 100 seconds
OpenAIRE features in a nutshell.
- OpenAIRE infrastructure representation.
Quick overview of the OpenAIRE infrastructure.
- OpenAIRE Content Acquisition Policy explained.
- OpenAIRE Factsheet for Repository Managers
Why should you and your repository care about the EC’s Open Access mandate?
Know the main Guidelines metadata specifications: for Funding info, Access rights and license info, Embargo date information, Referenced Publication, Related publications and datasets. Identify compatibility levels and OAI sets
- OpenAIRE Guidelines metadata specifications
The OpenAIRE Guidelines helps repository managers expose publications, datasets and CRIS metadata via the OAI-PMH protocol in or
- OpenAIRE Guidelines Presentation
OpenAIRE Guidelines brief presentation
- OpenAIRE compatibility for repositories: proprietary platforms
How to make the repository OpenAIRE compatible: proprietary platforms
- Webinar for repository managers on OpenAIRE compatibility for EPrints repositories
How to make the repository OpenAIRE compatible: EPrints repository platform
- OpenAIRE compatibility for repositories: DSpace repository platform
How to make the repository OpenAIRE compatible: DSpace repository platform
How to identify levels of compatibility and the needed OAI sets.
- Please read the 2014 OpenAIRE update for Data Providers
OpenAIRE Guidelines Update for Data Providers information provided in the OpenAIRE portal guide for repository managers.
Know how to Include the list of EC projects and the list of licenses as available to OpenAIRE, and be aware of mechanisms to filter results for newly created OAI-DC set, project types, access level.
- Tools for Repositories Compatibility: Validator, API, software add-ons
Brief presentation about the OpenAIRE tools available for Repositories Compatibility: Validator, API, software add-ons.
- How to identify a funded project in the publication metadata within the repository submission workflow
Video Tutorial on how to identify a funded project in the publication metadata within the repository submission workflow.