Promoting Open Science among Young Researchers: Challenges and Opportunities
Kaunas University of Technology in Lithuania is organising a series of 4 Open Science training sessions, on March 19, April 24, September 25 and October 21, 2015.
The aim of these 4 trainings is to increase young researchers’ competence on open science and to develop practical skills on open access publishing and research data management. The series of workshops and a round table discussion with different stakeholders (policy makers, funding agencies institutional managers, research administrators, etc.) will be organized during the events. Representatives from the Research Council of Lithuania, Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania, the National Points of Reference on Access to and Preservation of Scientific Information will participate in the round table discussion. During the workshops is expected to train up to 300 people and by online video material reach additionally up to 400 researchers, doctoral students and 100 librarians. The librarians and young researchers after the workshops will organize the OA events at their institutions.
For more information and updates, check the FOSTER event page.
Thursday 19th of March, 2015
EU and national open access and open science policies and practices, in particular, in relation to publicly funded research in Horizon 2020 and national grant schemes.
Linking Open Access research publications with Open research data.
Thursday 24th of April, 2015
- Institutional repositories and research data archives: practical guidelines on how to comply with Horizon 2020 open access requirements, how to submit publications to the national and international repositories of publications and data.
- How to publish in open access journals and how to avoid predatory journals.
- The overview of the open access infrastructure in Lithuania: eLABa, Lituanistika, MIDAS, LiDA , ...
Thursday 25th of September, 2015
- Open science, open access publishing, open peer-review
- Intellectual property rights, copyright and licensing issues, Creative Commons Licences
Wednesday 21st of October, 2015
- Research data management plan, issues of research data management planning.
- Traditional and alternative research evaluation, almetrics.