Do you organise Open Science trainings yourself or are planning to do so? On this page you can find a set of materials that offer some inspiration or help you to get started in the first place. Take a look and adapt or re-use the resources for your own trainings.
This handbook brings together methods, techniques and practices, to support educators of Open Science to create high quality and engaging trainings. It is available under Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0 1.0 Universal). You do not have to ask our permission to re-use and copy information from this handbook.
- Access the Open Science training handbook here.
During the book sprint the artist Patrick Hochstenbach draw more than 100 icons and cartoons to illustrate the Open Science training handbook. They are now for you available under Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0 1.0 Universal) to re-use.
- Download the large set of small icons such as a book, coffee, researcher, megaphone etc. here: Large ZIP archive of PNG graphics (1.5Mb)
- Download the 16 cartoons, e.g. fundamental rules of open science here: ZIP archive of 16 PNG illustrations (15Mb)
Open Science standard presentations
We created two standard power-point presentations to explain the benefits of Open Science and define the term. Feel free to download and re-use them in your own workshops:
Open Science training courses
Are you creating online courses about Open Science?
- Re-use our existing online courses when designing your own. You can export them into SCORM and integrate them in any learning management system.
Open Science videos
Would you like to learn more, include videos in your presentations or share them with other people?
- Find videos about Open Science on our YouTube channel.
Open Science Taxonomies
To define terms is not always easy. You can download our taxonomies and use them in your presentations:
- Open Science: high resolution image, RDF/XML
(The Open Science taxonomy is further described in the paper "Fostering Open Science to Research Using a Taxonomy and an eLearning Portal" - please consider citing the paper when using the taxonomy)
- Research Data Management: high resolution image, RDF/XML
- Legal Issues: high resolution image, RDF/XML
- Text and Data Mining: high resolution image, RDF/XML
- TDM Methods: high resolution image, RDF/XML
- Research Workflows: high resolution image, RDF/XML
Open Science trainer
Are you organising an event about Open Science and are looking for a speaker?
- Check out our trainers directory to find relevant contacts.
Project results and papers
Would you like to read more about Open Science topics and the FOSTER activities?
- Find more project results and the papers we published in our Zenodo community.
FOSTER advocacy and dissemination materials
Would you like to promote FOSTER training resources or courses? Link to us on your website or download our advocacy materials for print.
- Right-click an image and select "Save as..." to get your own local copy of our advocacy stickers
- Download our Fact Sheet (PDF) to print out and tell others about the project.
- Take our “Roadmap for Implementing Open Science Training Practices in Research Institutions” as backbone when advocating for Open Science training.
- Become a supporter of our project by linking your website to FOSTER.
- To add the FOSTER logo to your page add the html snippet below to your web page.
<!-- FOSTER Button --> <a href="http://www.fosteropenscience.eu/"> <img alt="Link to FOSTER Project" border="0" src="http://www.fosteropenscience.eu/images/logos/FOSTER_logo_200.jpg" /></a> <!-- /FOSTER Button -->